SUNY Geneseo - The Alpha Chapter of The Delphic Fraternity was founded in 1871 with the creation of the Delphic Society at the Normal School in Geneseo, NY. With the 1889 expansion to the Oneonta Normal School, the organization first became known as The Delphic Fraternity. The Alpha Chapter of Delphic at Geneseo remained officially active in name only until 1938.
SUNY Oneonta - The Beta Chapter of Delphic was formed in 1889 in Oneonta, NY. It was originally formed earlier that year as the Young Men's Debating Club. The chapter hosted several Delphic Banquets where members across the region would meet to discuss fraternity business and build upon their brotherhood. The Beta Chapter of Delphic became inactive in 1910 due to a low male membership at the Oneonta Normal School.
Jamaica Normal School - It is estimated that the Gamma Chapter of Delphic was formed at the Jamaica Normal School in Jamaica, NY in 1897. Jamaica may be considered the "lost chapter" of Delphic because no actual mention of the fraternity is found anywhere in the limited history of the school. The chapter's last historical reference appeared in a local newspaper in 1916. Unlike the other normal schools, the Jamaica Normal School did not evolve into an institution of higher learning. It existed until the early 1930s.
Mansfield University - The Delta Chapter of Delphic was formed in 1898 at the Normal School in Mansfield, PA. The Delta Chapter is the first to be established outside of New York State. In 1914 the principal of the normal school disbands the fraternity. He felt Greek letter societies were elitist and wanted to create a sense of equality on campus. The last official pledge class of the Delta Chapter of Delphic was initiated in 1915.
SUNY Cortland - The Epsilon Chapter of Delphic was formed in 1899 in Cortland, NY. The chapter originated as the Young Men's Debating Club (YMDC,) which can trace its history back to the Cortland Academy Debating Club formed in 1842. The association boasted of being one of the oldest debating clubs in the United States. The Delphic Fraternity founded the school newspaper, The Normal News, in 1878. The Delphic chapter at Cortland became inactive in 1917 because of the First World War.
SUNY New Paltz - The merger of two local fraternities at the New Paltz Normal School formed the Zeta Chapter of Delphic in 1899. Alpha Pi Nu, founded in 1889 as the first men's fraternity at New Paltz, joined forces with Kappa Delta Alpha, formed in 1896, to become the Zeta Chapter of The Delphic Fraternity. For a few years in the early 1950s, it affiliated itself with the national organization of Sigma Tau Gamma. A state law later banned all fraternities from having national affiliations. The New Paltz chapter became local again and briefly was a member of a confederation of local Sig Tau chapters. The Delphic chapter at SUNY New Paltz was active until 1972 when interest in Greek life faded because of the Civil Rights Movement and the Vietnam Conflict. The Zeta Chapter was re-established as Delphic of Gamma Sigma Tau Fraternity in 1987, officially forming the first multicultural fraternity on the east coast. In 2004 the undergraduate chapter became inactive, however, it still operates periodically as an alumni chapter hosting several events per year.
SUNY Plattsburgh - The Eta Chapter was formed in 1900 when Alpha Kappa Sigma, an independent literary society at the Plattsburgh Normal School, became part of the Delphic Fraternity. The chapter remained active through 1907. Until 2003, it was believed that Plattsburgh was the last of the original chapters of Delphic formed in the late 19th/early 20th centuries.
SUNY Potsdam - In 1906, the Roger Baconian Society (which traces its origin back to 1870) was incorporated as the original Theta Chapter of The Delphic Fraternity. Locally the group continued to operate as a college literary society but was known as the Roger Baconian Chapter of the organization. The group was named after an English scientist and philosopher. Potsdam is considered the "newfound" chapter of Delphic because the organization only became aware of the chapter's historical association in 2003. The Baconian Chapter of Delphic at Potsdam ceased to exist around the early 1930s.
Binghamton University - In 2003, the first Delphic chapter to be formed in the 21st century was chartered at Binghamton University. Since the organization was unaware of the former existence of the Potsdam chapter, it designated Binghamton the Theta Chapter. Because the chapter at Potsdam preferred to be called the Baconian Chapter of Delphic, the Binghamton chapter kept its Theta Chapter designation. The Theta Chapter became inactive in 2010, however, alumni are still active within the organization.
University of Virginia - In 2009, the Kappa Chapter was formed at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA. Delphic of Gamma Sigma Tau is the first multicultural fraternity to be formed at UVA. The chapter is also the first to be established outside the Northeast and provides the Delphic Fraternity with a solid presence in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States.
New York City - In 2014, the Tau Alpha Graduate Professional Chapter was formed in New York City. It is the first graduate chapter of the Delphic Fraternity.
Washington, D.C. - In 2014, the Tau Beta Graduate Professional Chapter was formed in Washington, D.C. It is the second graduate chapter of the Delphic Fraternity.
SUNY Delhi - In 2016, an undergraduate associate chapter was formed at the State University of New York at Delhi. In 2020 the chapter was officially installed as the Lambda Chapter of the Delphic Fraternity. In 2022, it became an alumni chapter.
Charlotte, North Carolina - In 2019, the Tau Gamma Graduate Professional Chapter was formed in Charlotte, N.C.